Books or movies? This is a question
Now, some people like me already know the black and white to this issue.
I love the movies, and when I go to see a movie that’s been made from one of my books, I know that it isn’t going to be exactly like my novel because a lot of other people have interpreted it. But I also know it has an idea that I’ll like because that idea occurred to me, and I spent a year, or a year and a half of my life working on it.
Advantages of movies:
- Watching a movie can be stimulating since it allows you to relax,
ease yourself and have a pleasant time. unwind and enjoy yourself.
- They expand our imagination because they bring to life some characters which we just imagined in books or comic books.
- They display various cultures and traditions around the world which we were oblivious about. Most of the movies show customs and arts of foreign countries.
- Movies are inspired from our daily lives so they depict a mirror to our society.They build civic sense, ensure public morality and their propagation.
- Films inspire us to be insightful, determined and other virtues which make us positive
Disadvantages of Movies:
- Today, movies are showcasing more violence than ever before which is destroying the minds of
the young generation.
- Movies are a mere
wastage waste of time and money. We don’t realise that we are wasting our money, our precious time , eyes and efforts on something undeserving.
- It is very common that kids nowadays are watching so
much m any m ovies which and this can be makes them addictive to it . They abandon their crucial tasks to watch movies.
- Bullying, stealing, shoplifting, threatening, gang making, verbal abuse, touting weapons etc. are the most common effects of movies which show lawlessness.
- The world is full of brave, innovative, life-saving people who carry on with their lives. But their achievements are dwarfed by a giant poster of movies publici
z s ed throughout the whole world.
“Books are ALWAYS better than movies! They are ready when you are. You are a participant and not a mere observer. You make the decisions what things look like, or ought to. You are gaining skills reading not just being fed somebody else's interpretation of the story.”
― John Leonarz
Advantages of Books
- Books are portable and can be read online at anytime. They can be borrowed from a library or from a friend.
- When we read a book, we can envision the characters a certain way however, they are quite different in the movies which disappoints us.
- You can read books
in at your own pace and in your own time.
- In books, you can know what the characters are thinking and how they are feeling as you spend more time with them.
- Books allow you to know the background of the story and plot details.
- Books can stay with you no matter how old you grow. They are always stuck in your mind and they also influence you in a way you would have never imagined.
In my opinion, it's better to read books than to watch a 2 hour (more or less) movie. There are always two sides